Tuesday, August 14, 2012

the perfect setting

My favorite date includes three things:

1. A friend
2. A cup of coffee
3. Deep converstion mixed in with laughter (& a couple "hold that thought, I gotta go to the bathroom, again" moments).

Our lives, on a different path yet parallel all at the same time, made our conversation go on for over 2 hours. Many "me too!" & "I'm the exact same way" moments were shared, words of advice were exchanged, & the ever present feeling of a friendship that is just beginning.

Today reminded me that life is too short to not open up to people & share things that mean something to you. Things that trouble & excite you. Questions you have about when will men ever get it & why things cost so much money? Be quiet & listen. Really listen to the words that you hear & rebound back with your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment