There really is no need for an introduction to this post other than MAKE THESE AS SOON AS YOU CAN!
Turkey Apple Meatballs
2 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped or minced
1/2 small apple, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
3 tsp. parsley
2-3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. tomato sauce
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion and apple for 3 minutes, stirring until softened. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix together the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, parsley, Parmesan and tomato sauce. Stir in the sautéed onion, garlic, apple, and beaten egg to bind.
4. Form the mixture into meatballs (or burgers) and line up in rows on the baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown and internal temperature reads 165 degrees. Allow to cool and enjoy!
For original recipe, click HERE.
Why This is Going In My Recipe Book:
- Ingredients are familiar and easy to prepare
- The apple adds the perfect amount of sweetness
- You can make a batch and freeze them for whenever you wish to chow down
- The smell that lofts out of the oven is one that Bath & Body Works needs to recreate in candle form STAT!
- Versatile - add to salads, pasta, make and eat as a burger with your choice of toppings, etc. This week for lunch I paired mine with spaghetti squash and avocado!
P. S. Let me know if you make these and what you think! Comment below.