Sunday, April 26, 2015

Journey to 30


I decided to do the Whole30 after learning that omitting certain foods from my diet, mainly soy, were proven to help my current health issue. I was initially planning to start on May 1st, but after buying and reading the book, I couldn't wait to start! I've talked to a couple people about journeying with me through these next 30 days, whether that be joining me or encouraging me, and I extend those invitations to you, too!


While anyone can do the Whole30 program for free (everything is on their website), I highly recommend buying the book. I brought it with while my car got an oil change, and was more than impressed with the tips, guidelines, and recipes that it provided.



What is it? "It is a short-term nutritional reset, designed to help you put an end to unhealthy cravings and habits, restore a healthy metabolism, heal your digestive tract, and balance your immune system." www.whole30.com

Basically, for the next 30 days I will be eating whole foods only. I will say YES to: meat, seafood, eggs, vegetables, fruit, and natural fats. I will say NO to: sugar, alcohol, grains, legumes, and dairy.

Why am I doing it? I want to understand more about my body and the foods that are meant to fuel it. Like I said earlier, I want to see how my body responds when I don't feed it processed, packaged foods, and see if it nixes my current "health halt" for good. Participants have said that they reported "consistently high energy levels, improved athletic performance, better sleep, improved focus and mental clarity, and a sunnier disposition." - www.whole30.com

When will I start? Tomorrow! My meals for week 1 have been planned

 my grocery list has been made


and prepping will be underway once the shopping is done. 

How will I do it? "It will be hard. You will not be perfect. Don't even try to be perfect. No one is judging, no one is keeping score, and there are no penalties for admitting that this is hard, you are struggling, and you need help. Be patient with yourself, because real change takes time. Be kind to yourself, and celebrate even the smallest of victories, because a series of small victories is all it takes to change your life. Finally, know that it's not 30 days---it's one day. One meal. One bite. Do this one bite at a time if you have to, because it's for the most important and worthwhile cause on earth---you." The Whole30: 30-Day Guide to Total Health & Food Freedom

Check back each week as I will be documenting my weeks with food pictures (yeah…I'm going to be that girl), discuss how I am feeling and if I'm noticing any changes both mentally and/or physically!


No comments:

Post a Comment