Friday, November 1, 2013

Never Listen to Yourself



How often do we tell ourselves that we can't do something and days or weeks or even years later we do that something? We set our own boundaries around certain things because we are too scared to see what's on the other side. We are comfortable and perfectly fine where we are but know deep down we would love to just peek over that ledge. 

I told myself I would never live alone.  I moved miles away from home into a one-bedroom apartment. 
I told myself I would never run more than a 5k.  To this day I've run 4 half marathons. 
I told myself I would never eat broccoli, oatmeal, and rice cakes? What the hell are those? These are always on my grocery list and always on a plate or in a bowl in front of me daily. 
I told myself I would never go to church solo. Going to church by myself is my favorite way to worship.
I told myself I would never be that person who gets to the gym before the sun is up because those people are insane. Hello 5:30am alarm and hello 6:00am gym dates every morning.
I told myself that I would never read a book for leisure. I have a stack of four books just waiting to be read and highlighted and finished. 
I told myself I would never drink red wine. I became an adult who works 40+ hours a week. 

I could go on...and on...but I think I've made my point. Never limit yourself because you never know just how limitless you really are. It's scaring and challenging yet beautiful and marvelous when you can reflect back at what you once built a stone wall around and how you've knocked it down with your perseverance, drive, and confidence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment