Saturday, May 17, 2014

No Stopping Here

I recently went back to the place where the landline phone rings, conversation about the crops and weather are overheard while at the corner coffee shop and waving to both friends and strangers is the norm. That short list is why I love going back home because it reminds me of how different it is than here. Every community has their own unique way of doing things, different views on the world and a certain characteristic that sets it apart from the next zip code over.

Going back to MN this time felt different. I saw things differently, heard things differently, soaked in moments differently.

I get asked all the time how long I will be in Denver and I can honestly say that this is not my home. With that said, though, my time here is not done. There is more adventure to be had, people to be met, challenges to be conquered and things about myself that I need to piece together. 


The future scares the living daylights out of me but I can’t wait. I look forward to seeing where my path takes me and where I will walk to next. There is still so much that I want to do and experience and live before God intertwines my life with another’s, that having patience in His plan is one (of the few things) that is constant and stable in my heart and mind. 

I don't need mountains to remind me that this world is beautiful and I don't need breweries to remind me that life is sweet. I need familiar faces to surround me, the stories I've lived to be shared, and the kind of laugh that stings my soul with utter happiness to be experienced. 

I love Colorado. I love Minnesota. And I love that I am fortunate enough to be able to say that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment