Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bolder Boulder 2014

When my friend Michelle asked me to run Bolder Boulder with her, it didn't take me more than two seconds to RSVP. I ran the race last year and more than enjoyed the course, the atmosphere, and the free snack bag that awaited me at the finish line. The only draw back to the whole thing: having to set your alarm for 4:15am.

I didn't prepare for this race like I normally would. I went to a BBQ on Sunday night where I ate more than my stomach needed and drank a beer or two. I didn't get a good nights rest and when my alarm went off on Monday morning, I felt as though my head had just hit the pillow. Both Michelle and I were on the same page though. We both agreed that we would run this race for fun, stopping when we needed/wanted to and taking advantage of the random stops and foods along the course.

We had a little mix-up before we started (my wave was earlier than Michelle's) but we made the most of it and camped out at Starbucks for a little bit before making our way to the start line.


One reason I love this race is the random foods that people hand out. Our first bite mid-run: Doritos.


Another reason is the slip-n-slides that people set up. I remember regretting not doing this activity last year so when we reached the one below, there was no way I was going to pass it up (and I was taking Michelle down with me). 







This left us both soaking wet from head to toe for the last 3 miles of the race but we didn't care - those 5 seconds of being an absolute child was worth it!  


"Let us take a selfie"


We made it!



No comments:

Post a Comment