Sunday, January 11, 2015

A New Favorite Winter Activity

As you can tell, the blog has been pretty quiet for a while. I spent my two-week vacation around the holidays in Minnesota (perks of working at an elementary school!) and decided to take a much needed writing break to really focus my time and energy on family, friends, and Christmas cookies.

As much as I enjoyed sleeping in and getting coffee with friends and daily naps by the fireplace, I was a little ready for my routine again. Although yesterday has never been a part of my routine, I'm thinking I wouldn't mind making it a weekend thing…every weekend.


My roommate found a killer deal on LivingSocial for snowshoeing, so yesterday morning we drove to Frisco and took advantage of it. Umm…I LOVED IT. Like, why had I never done this before?!



It was a little chilly when we started but once our hearts got pumping and we "climbed" a couple hills, it was perfect. 




Whenever I'm in the mountains hiking or in this case, snowshoeing, I have to continually remind myself to "look up" because hello, look at what I'm walking amongst. Pure beauty. It's easy to keep your eyes on your feet so you don't crash and burn, but I don't ever want to forget these views. 




The trails we took were great for newbies like us and we even took a couple detours which put us on a little more challenging trails that felt like we were walking on the Stair Master at the gym. Overall, my first snowshoeing experience was a blast and I will most definitely be doing it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment