What I ate:
Breakfast- 2 hardboiled eggs
Lunch- turkey lettuce wrap with avocado spread, tomato, and onion, apple
Dinner- turkey burger (recipe adapted from The Whimsical Momma) on lettuce bun with avocado and tomato, sweet potato fries (recipe from Raining Hot Coupons), carrots
- Woke up on the wrong side of the bed
- I only had one cup of coffee (compared to 2) and had *thee worst caffeine headache
- Wore some crabby pants all day and had intense sugar cravings so went home after work and took an hour nap! 1. I don't nap and 2. If I do it's only for 20 minutes. Guess I needed the sleep!
- I woke up feeling a completely different person, went for a walk, and voila! My mindset was back on track!
- The art of hard boiling an egg is a tricky one, but thanks to the Dash Go Rapid Egg Cooker, the art was perfected for me! Plus you can do anywhere from 1 to 7 eggs at a time!
Day 16What I ate:
Breakfast- 2 hardboiled eggs, banana
Lunch- spaghetti squash with chicken and creamy cauliflower sauce (recipe from J is For Judy) , carrots, roasted rosemary butternut squash and beets
Dinner- walnut-crusted tilapia on mixed greens with Tessemae Balsamic dressing, roasted rosemary butternut squash and beets, apple
- Slept amazing!
- I had SUCH good attitude…like…I was weirded out at how happy I was for no reason! Ha!
- High energy level
- No sugar cravings compared to day 15
- I took K to get frozen yogurt after school so while she was loading up on candy and sweets, I took a sample of fruit because when you're on Whole30, fruit=candy.
- I stayed overnight at K's so packed my dinner and ate it there. Not even 5 minutes after finishing my meal, I was in the bathroom for, let's just say, way longer than normal. I don't know what I ate that caused it but it was not a fun night!
Day 17What I ate:
Breakfast- banana, handful of cashews, handful of coconut flakes, spoonful of almond butter
Lunch- turkey burger on lettuce bun with avocado and tomato, apple, Raspberry Chia Synergy
Dinner- turkey lettuce wrap with avocado spread and tomato, carrots
Something Sweet- bowl of cashews, coconut flakes, almond butter, and frozen mixed berries
- Got irritable in the afternoon but once I ate dinner I was fine. I am learning to say "yes" to an afternoon snack if it means not punching someone or crying over little things like my split ends or chipped nail polish. Yes, the struggle is real.
Day 18What I ate:
Breakfast- banana, handful of cashews, handful of coconut flakes, spoonful of Trader Joe's Raw Almond Butter
Lunch- spaghetti squash with chicken and creamy cauliflower sauce, tomatoes, carrots
Dinner- 2 fried eggs on mixed greens with tomato, avocado, carrots, and Tessemae Balsamic Dressing, roasted rosemary butternut squash and beets, apple
- Slept awful. I blame too much on my mind with moving!
- If you can't tell, the combination of banana, cashews, coconut flakes, and almond butter is my #1 favorite thing I've discovered to eat since being on Whole30. So much so that I had Friday's breakfast of that combo for dessert today. However, too much of a good thing is a bad thing. My stomach did not feel well after - too much almond butter in one day!
Day 19What I ate:
Lunch- spaghetti squash with chicken and creamy cauliflower sauce, avocado, carrots
Dinner- turkey burger on lettuce bun with avocado and tomato, sweet potato
Dessert- monkey bowl, apple
- Woke up with an upset stomach from the previous night
Day 20What I ate:
Breakfast- 2 hardboiled eggs, banana
Lunch- 2 turkey lettuce wraps with avocado and tomato, apple
Dinner- 2 fried eggs on mixed greens with tomato, avocado, carrots, and Tessemae Balsamic Dressing, sweet potato
- My mood was pretty down thanks to thoughts of moving and Steven being out of the country for the next 7 days and no way of communicating during that time
- Went for a walk around the park to lighten my mood
- Craved sugar but only because I wanted to feel better about everything. Talked myself out of it because sugar is not going to be a quick bandaid for anything..ever!
What I ate:
Lunch- 2 egg scramble with salsa and avocado, 2 sausage patties, apple
Dinner- turkey burger on lettuce bun with avocado and onion, steamed butternut squash and brussels sprouts, Coconut Cream Pie LaraBar
- Woke up sick. Like, couldn't be further than 2 ft. from the bathroom sick. I was (and still am) SUPER bummed because I was suppose to run with a relay team for the Colfax Marathon. There goes $75 down the pipes…literally.
- PSA: LaraBar is the new candy bar…if you are doing Whole30.
Last Thoughts: By far the hardest week of this. I had many temptations throughout these 7 days but somehow managed to talk myself out of them. This upcoming week is a busy one so my meals won't be as picturesque as they have been, but I did plan them all out so I could stay on track.
In case you missed it:
Days 1-7 recap
Days 8-14 recap