Thursday, April 4, 2013

I have magical powers

Did you know that I can turn in to a toddler? No wand, no magic dust, just let me go more than three hours with out eating and a night of less than stellar sleep and ta-da! I'm four years old.

I would watch my dad brew a pot of coffee every morning. Pouring himself a cup and sitting down to read the paper. Those coffee beans smelled great but the second I tried my first sip, it took everything in me to not spit it out and stuff my mouth with Fruit Loops just to make the bitterness go away. 

My brothers would come home from college and follow suit of my dad. Roll out of bed, pour a cup of coffee, and more than likely annoy me for the remainder of the day. 

Me: "How can you drink that crap? It tastes awful!"
Oldest Brother: "Wait till college. Ten bucks you will be drinking this crap, too!" 


Here I sit. Typing and gulping sipping away and wondering where I would be without this magical liquid concoction we call coffee.



Coffee, sleep, and food. Without these three trivial things in my life, I turn in to a four year old. I throw tantrums and I get crabby. I don't want to do anything unless it involves cuddling up in bed and being the most unproductive person on this planet. So friends and family, if I'm ever on edge and snappy, check this list and see if they are all marked:

Am I fed? 
Am I caffeinated? 
Am I refreshed? 

3 comments:

  1. I am the same way, tried to give up coffee once. It was not pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for this post!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee, sleep and food...I'd argue that they fall under the "imperative" category, rather than trivial. ;-)

    ReplyDelete