Thursday, April 19, 2012

rinse & repeat

I'm kicking myself for the day I had. While parts of it were great, other parts were not. 

While I am heading to bed here shortly, I reflect back on the things I did, thought, my actions of today. Even though these things will wake up with me tomorrow, I know that with each sunset brings with it a sunrise. & with each new sunrise, there is a new day. 

A brand spankin' new day. It's refreshing, right? Knowing that tomorrow we can start all over & erase parts of today that we're not happy about. I'm crawling in to bed with a clouded mind, mainly because I'm a girl & I over analyze about 93% of everything that happens to me. 

I want you to try something. Before bed, take time for yourself. Call it meditating or call it talking to yourself (not sure either of them sound "sane", but you catch my drift). Reflect on the hours that are past. What can you change for tomorrow? What will you do again tomorrow that today made you so happy? Who will you reach out to? It's like the directions on a shampoo bottle: 

Remember the things that make you feel satisfied, overjoyed, fulfilled. Do those things. Repeat. 

[via: betterphoto.com]




Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. 
- Arthur Ashe

No comments:

Post a Comment