Monday, July 23, 2012

reboot & recharge

You know that girl you have been reading about in my last couple posts? She left. I don't know where she went but I do know that she overstayed her visit. I'm happy she is gone because I'm sure she was a real peach to be around...not.

That girl left on Friday when I woke up. The sun was shining & I laced up my shoes for a run. As I hit the pavement, I couldn't help but be giddy for the weekend that was ahead of me. All my closest friends (with the absence of a couple) were gathering at my lake cabin for the weekend. This meant many laughs, many dance parties, & many memories to be made. 

It was hands down one of the best weekends of my life. It is exactly what I needed to feel like "me" again. From dancing on the boat all afternoon to 2 am dives off the diving board (life jackets were present...safety first, people), I was reminded that I am blessed beyond belief to call these girls my friends. 

When I got home on Sunday, the whole Denver move was still all I could think about. When am I going? Where will I live? My mom and I sat down, calendar in front of us, & set dates. Finally, I thought. I have a plan, I know when I'm going, holy-crap-I'm-really-doing-this. My mom and I are driving out there August 7-10th to find me a place to live & sometime during the week of August 20th we will be driving back out again, except this time she will be the only one driving back to Moorhead.

It is scary. Even thinking about it I get a lump in my throat. Can I really do this? You know, go out there by myself. Meet people. Navigate my way around. Live by myself. & all the little things that go along with moving to a completely new place? Like anything else, I know that all those things will take time (like this weekend when we bought a frozen wine kit that said it would take 3-5 hours to freeze but it ended up taking more like 8 hours). This adventure that I am about to embark on is what keeps me going. I look forward to challenging myself, proving to people that you can try new things that seem ludacris to some yet envious to others. 

Here are a couple pictures from the weekend...


 I love you all like a 20-something year old girl loves Pizza Corner & Amish friendship bread at 2 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment