Thursday, July 5, 2012

summer days

I've had the best summer days this week. After eating roughly a months worth of calories during our family reunion (I sure was getting use to having dessert(s) every night), I dived back in to my routine of daily workouts & mostly healthy meals. I find adventure in trying new foods & recipes, so while having a very laid back work schedule this week, I hit up the grocery store. (Side note: going to the grocery store just might be one of my favorite things. Call me crazy, but I find it therapeutic). 

Breakfast: 4 egg whites with kale, red & green peppers, & onions on a toasted multi-grain sandwich thin & a side of fruit


Lunch: 1/2 chicken breast, slice of American cheese, red & green peppers, onions, & kale on a multi-grain sandwich thin (After several months in the box, I used my Pampered Chef Grill Press to toast the sandwich)


& for dinner tonight? I am writing this post while sitting outside at the lake, keeping an eye on the grill. I am swiping my grilling "v-card" as some would say & tackling some more chicken. Wish me luck. 

The last 2 days have been spent hanging outside with friends all day playing yard games, grilling, reminiscing about years past, sipping on a few cold ones, & to cap it all off, enjoying the fireworks show.


 Laughing till I snort just might be another one of my favorite things because it is a sign that I am happy. I am alive. At that moment, all is well in this world. I think I may have exceeded my snorting laugh limit for the year.


Can you believe I made it through this whole post & haven't wrote about the grill exploding or saying that I burnt the chicken?

Enjoy your 4th of July weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment