Wednesday, July 11, 2012

your wave story

Tricia & Amber, this is your wave story. Your story of how you swept in to my life, turned my day from black to sunshine yellow, & retreated back, leaving me feeling utterly overwhelmed with your thoughtfulness.

Tricia is my go-to girl for always tellling me like it is, even when I don't want to hear it. I fight her words, resist hearing them, but deep down, the girl knows her stuff. She is that friend that everyone needs because she is always there with laughs tucked in her back pocket for when you need them most. Yesterday was a rough day for me, surprise surprise. I unleashed it all on Tricia, sharing all my days struggles.

As I was sitting at my computer, job hunting (emphasis on hunting), a flower delievery car pulled up. Naturally, I got giddy. Who are they for? Are they for me? Who are they from? Why did they send them?


Instant tears. An overwhelming sense of comfort. & a friendship I am continually happy to be in.

Amber's words today reminded me of just how lucky I am to have a friendship that is so new, so real, yet we have never truly been in the same room. My phone buzzed not 1, not 2, but 4 times with a text from her.

"There are people in life who make you feel like you could relate to them long before you ever get to know their heart - and I feel like you are one of those people...."

"I want you to spend your day reminding yourself that you are a contagiously inspiratoinal person in the lives of people you don't even know..."

"...the darkest, most worrisome, anxious, lonliness moments of our lives are what brings us to the brightest, happiest days" 

I pray for you all that you have friendships as great as I do. People in your life that are constantly there to pick you up & remind yourself of what you DO have. If you don't, be that friend for someone. Be the "go-to" listener, advice giver, sip a cup of coffee & talk about the good things in life friend that we all need.

As I woke up this morning feeling tired, groggy, & a "here we go again" attitude, I have decided to kick that all out the door. I am looking forward to going to the movies with Nolan & Colton this afternoon. Giggling with them, seeing their smiles, & feeling that same carefree, summer days outlook with them.

I ask you this: Why not be happy today?


No comments:

Post a Comment