Tuesday, October 30, 2012

juggling act

I loved drawing houses growing up. Big, multi-windowed, proportionally and structurally incorrect houses. Some would have flowers planted in the front while others would have a white picket fence. This house would have Christmas lights strung from the roof lines while that house would have a pool in the backyard (complete with a pool boy, obviously). I had days where I could draw for hours and days where I couldn't draw the doorknob on a door if my life depended on it. 

Creativity is strange and annoying and beautiful. I get spurts of ideas and designs one second and the next I can't even sit down and form a sentence for this blog. With the addition of Styled With Strength in my life, I feel as though my existence revolves and depends around creativity. Work, SWS, this blog. I'm thinking about joining the circus and performing a juggling act. 

I have been struggling with trying to always have the "creative light" turned on. All day, everyday. Is it mentally possible? Who knows. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully the world keeps turning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment