Sunday, January 29, 2012

5 things I miss about Maui

1. The gym


There are no words to explain how it feels to be running with the ocean on one side & palm trees on the other.


Running? Yes. But did it feel like running? No. It felt more therapeutic than anything.


In case you were wondering, taking my shoes & socks off & walking in the water to cool down wasn't a bad deal, either.

2. The adventure


It is no shock that Maui is beautiful. & by beautiful, I mean really freakin' gorgeous.


We went on an all day snorkeling trip which included going to 2 coral reefs to swim, went zip lining (cross that off the bucket list!), & went to the top of a 10,000 ft. (inactive) volcano.


My favorite of those, zip lining. I screamed, I yelled, I laughed, & I tried to take in all the scenery in those short seconds while on the line.

3. The food/drinks


Lava flow. 'Nuff said.


Mango cheesecake. Again, 'nuff said.


Fresh pineapple while sitting poolside? Yes please.


Mango bbq chicken sandwich.

4. The beauty



I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.



5. The people

No pictures for this one. I mean, did you really expect me to walk up to strangers & ask if I could take their picture? That would go against everything my mom taught me about conversing with strangers now wouldn't it?

All jokes aside (oh, you mean that wasn't funny?), there was not one person that wasn't nice. From the resort staff to the captain of the boat on our snorkeling trip, they were the friendliest, helpful, most upbeat human beings I have ever crossed paths with.

No comments:

Post a Comment