Thursday, January 12, 2012

when life gets you down



I was recently thrown a curveball in this crazy adventure we call life. It sucked. Flat out sucked. I had my night of pouting & now I am moving on. & you should, too.

Why? Because when life doesn't go your way, say you didn't land that dream job or your friends did something to you, move on. Get over it. Have your pity party & change your attitude. Why waste your time dwelling on "what if's" and replaying the event in your head when you could spend your time thinking about the next step.

My oldest brother always told me to be positive (& how I was the best little sister anyone could ask for). I didn't really start listening to him until a year ago. Positivity is a powerful thing. Finding the good in light of a dark situation is hard, but you can do it. It's there. I truly believe that we are put on this earth for a reason. There is something we are meant to do & if you don't know what it is yet, who cares. I sure don't know what my true purpose is. Over time, your purpose will shine through. You will find something you love doing, with someone you love by your side, in a city you love to explore, with friends you love to laugh with.

One day it will all make sense. But for now, in all this uncertainty, choose happiness. Find the positives in every situation & go with it. Live. Take it day by day. Breathe.


No comments:

Post a Comment