Sunday, August 3, 2014

11/18 With a Side of BLT Pasta

With an 18 mile run planned for today, I carb loaded last night with this BLT Pasta.

Gluten Free Pasta with Turkey Bacon, Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado, & Parmesan Cheese
While I felt energized and ready to go this morning, my foot had a different plan. Hint: this is the current situation...


My plantar fasciitis came back to visit earlier in the week. 

I'm a stubborn person and If I say I'm going to do something, I do it. This morning tested just how stubborn I can be and it came down to me hanging up my invisible superhero cape and waving my white flag to surrender. 

By mile 8, I couldn't run anymore and even had trouble walking. I was frustrated, upset, and determined to run 18 miles because I said I was going to. I slowly started running back to the park where I met up with my roommate and ran another 3 miles. I stopped for water and the pain fired back up so I walked for a mile before forcing myself to head home. Again, I ran but it was slow and painful. I mapped it out when I got home and it ended up being roughly 16 miles.

I'm trying not to get too down on myself because…I ran 16 miles…but I think I'm just nervous for how the weeks to follow are going to go leading up to my marathon. Fingers crossed this annoying injury eases up! 


Monday - Bodypump

Tuesday - rest

Wednesday - 5 mile run

Thursday - 4 mile run

Friday - 2.5 hour hike

Saturday - 3 mile run

Sunday - 16 mile run


This next week is pretty "laid back" in the training department and I am going to take full advantage of it. Bring on the ice packs and Advil, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment