Saturday, February 11, 2012

saturday morning sentences

In the past 2 days, I have had "friend dates" with 3 different friends. From grabbin' a beer to grabbin' coffee, there were certain things that were evident in all our conversations. We are growing up, we question the future, we wonder what happened to past friendships, & we either have a love or hate relationship with where we are at in our life.

These dates made my heart happy. It gave me a sense of comfort knowing that I'm not the only one who questions these things. Maybe that's how it's suppose to be? I mean, not having answers to everything & having to "find the pieces" to our puzzle by ourselves.

These friends have grown up with me. One a former soccer teammate, one I've known since elementary school, & one was my next door neighbor ever since I had missing teeth & refused to take showers. I cherish these friendships because I know that these are the friendships that no matter the distance, or time passed without talking, I can pick up the phone & we will pick up right where we left off.

I'm here to remind you that some friends may come & go, but that's because we let them go. It's work. But honestly, if you have time to paint your nails or watch the latest sports highlights, you have time to talk to a friend. I know I am guilty of being lazy with my friendships, too, but after having these great "dates" with my friends, I am realizing that friends get things that our families don't. The friends you have are more than likely going through the same challenges (or high points) as you, & it is important that we have them in our lives to share these moments with.

No comments:

Post a Comment