Thursday, February 2, 2012

tick me off thursday


If you live in the Fargo-Moorhead area, I'm sure you have seen the "Spray Your Fat Away" commercials. I truly don't understand our society when it comes to losing weight. I get that many Americans are overweight & obese, but spraying our fat away? Come on.

What ticks me off even more is that in the commercial, there is a young girl telling viewers that "you can lose 1 pound a week." What is this telling that girl? That when she grows up she can just skip working out & eating right, and simply use a spray to stay fit?

America, is it really THAT hard to eat healthy, work out, & get enough sleep? No. I understand some people have health problems that prevent them from being in shape, but what's the excuse for the rest of you? Swap those potato chips for an apple, skip the pop & drink water, split a meal with a friend when you go out to eat, have 5 m &m's instead of 3 handfuls.

Something that has helped me be healthier (& also hold myself accountable), is the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone. You can see how many calories you should be eating daily, track your calorie intake for each meal/snack, add in your workouts, etc.


So there we have it, my first tick me off Thursday. Ahh, I feel much better.

1 comment:

  1. omg yes! that commercial is still running here! so annoying.

    ReplyDelete