Sunday, February 12, 2012

why i hate hobby lobby

I was bored. I wanted to do something. Go somewhere. So I zipped up my coat, turned on the car, & drove. I had no final destination in mind, no clue of where I would end up.

I ended up in Fargo. Naturally, I was by the mall. Being that I was just at the mall the previous day, I kept driving. My final destination? Hobby Lobby. & boy, do I love me some Hobby Lobby.

After 20 seconds of walking in to the store, I decided I hate Hobby Lobby. Why? Because ever since I can remember I have been obsessed (ok, let's take it down a notch, anxious) for the day that I have my own home to decorate. Make mine. Add my own "touch."

Every aisle I walked down, I easily found at least one thing I wanted to buy. & then my common sense knocked on my front door. Carrie, do you really need a towel rack? Is a huge painting of wine bottles for your basement bar that you don't have, necessary? Where would you put that nightstand? Oh, next to the other bedroom furniture that you don't own?

For now, I will just have to settle with decorating my imaginary home on Pinterest. Ahh....

No comments:

Post a Comment