Monday, March 19, 2012

full circle

When this came in the mail a 2 weeks ago, life got real. 


Like most girls growing up, I played "school". Transformed my bedroom in to a classroom, created a fake class list, & talked to my imaginary students (please tell me I wasn't the only one). 

In high school, I remember looking to the future, mainly looking at student teaching, & thinking, there is no way in heck I will be able to do that. Well, 23 year old Carrie, you did it. 

In college, I remember looking to the future, mainly looking at substitute teaching or a full time teaching job, & thinking, I'm still too young to teach by myself! Well, 23 year old Carrie, you are doing it. 

I got the phone call for my first subbing job last week. After I hung up the phone, I smiled. This is it. This is what I've wanted, dreamed, "pretended" to do ever since I was a wee little lad. It was only fitting that my first subbing job was for my former 6th grade teacher. Not going to lie, I felt like I was still that little 6th grader. Maybe it was because half the kids were as tall as me or maybe because I was back in the same hallways I use to walk through, whatever it was, it was weird. But a good weird, if there is such a thing. 

& then the dry erase marker was busted out... 


& that is when I realized things have come full circle

No comments:

Post a Comment