Sunday, March 25, 2012

pack it up

With the beautiful Spring weather we have been having, my legs have gone from running on the treadmill to pounding on the pavement, even if it means waking up the next morning with shin splints & sore knees. 

While running around town the other day, I began to think about where I am. Where I grew up. The place that I call home. I was running on the streets that are mine. Everything familiar to me yet I'm sure there are places I have yet to explore. 

23 years in one place. 23 years surrounded by (mostly) the same people that make up this community. & then that excitement inside of me came alive. As I am anxiously awaiting the day that I will say adios to this town, I can't help but get that giddy feeling just thinking of running on streets that are unfamiliar to me. I look forward to the day of exploring new sidewalks, seeing new scenery, being around buildings that I have no idea what they hold inside. 

As scary as change is, I'm ready. Don't get me wrong, this town is wonderful, but there is so much more out there than we can even imagine. I want to meet new people. People that know nothing about me, my past, my flaws, my mistakes, just a blank slate friendship waiting to be started. 

I'm asking you to join me. If you have lived in the same town your whole life, try somewhere new. Even if it be for 6 months, a year, heck, 2 years. Go surround yourself by people that are unfamiliar to you & landscapes that aren't flat (I mean really Fargo-Moorhead, you couldn't give us a couple hills?)




No comments:

Post a Comment