They say that change is the only constant thing in life and I'm here to second that. That's why we try a new recipe, brush on a new nail polish color or book a vacation to anywhere other than where we are.
While switching it up every now and then is needed, both mentally and physically, there are things in life that should remain constant. Now, some of these will seem obvious to you while others may make you want to call me up because you are doing the exact opposite (see bullet point #8).
If what I say and what you do are two completely differently things...wonderful! Do what makes you happy and what is going to get you out of bed in the morning. If you are in or have gone through school, you know that "what works for you may not work for the next person" and this post backs that up.
In reality, this list is a reminder for me to continue to walk this ground carrying out the meaningful things in life that I don't want to lose sight of. And that's how the cookie crumbles...
Things That Should Remain Constant
(according to me)
(according to me)
- Church on Sunday morning
- Coffee to start each day
- Painted nails
- Mailing a birthday card vs. sending a text
- Greeting the ones we love with a hug
- Playing outside until the sun goes down
- Moving in together as a married couple
- Spur of the moment nights with your girlfriends around a bottle of wine
- Cooking barefoot in the kitchen
- Your goals and dreams
- Family dinner...at the table
- Reading to your child before bed
- Cake on your birthday
- Boardgames on a rainy day
- Loving all people; the good and the bad
- Keeping photo albums around the house...your cell phone doesn't count
- Smiling at strangers
- Donating...time or money or things
- S'mores at each bonfire
- Appreciating a Disney movie whenever possible
- Filling your lungs with fresh air
- Not settling for anything less than wonderful
- Never passing up the opportunity to build a snowman or a sandcastle
- Keeping a journal
- Being active each day
Question & Comment: What do you wish to remain constant in your life?