Sunday, February 16, 2014

#WorkItOut100: Week 4 Recap



My favorite workout from this week was yesterday. I "ran the rows" at Red Rocks, the same place where Amanda and I walked the rows last Saturday. I remember my first time visiting the park and seeing a handful of people not only running or walking the stairs, but doing yoga or push-ups or sit-ups on them and thinking, I'm doing that one day. So I did...and now my calves aren't letting me forget it. 

When I arrived at RR, it was cloudy and a little on the chilly side (40*). I began my run and quickly realized that it was going to test my patience. As the clouds disappeared and the sun came out, people started coming in flocks. Mainly tourists but a couple runner/walkers/yogis, I found myself having to wait for small children to go up a stair so I wouldn't bump into them and make them go down a stair. Going back and forth, back and forth for what felt like an eternity also got a little repetitive but that's what music and mountain views are for.

I ran a total of 7 miles and my pace was a minute slower than my usual outdoor runs. I'm typically not one for "time", but I do like to stick around my usual pace. When you take in all factors of yesterdays run - the altitude, taking time to slow down and switch rows, waiting for people to snap a picture so you aren't in next years Christmas photo - it makes sense. 


69 rows of running to go, 69 rows of running, you run one row, hop one down, 68 rows of running to go!



Reminds me of a KidPix picture I made on the computer 15 years ago!




Question & Comment: What was your favorite workout from this week? 







No comments:

Post a Comment