While I'm envious that others are spending today celebrating their love, as they should, I'm reminded just how lucky I am to be single. We all want what others have because let's face it, we are human and were hardwired to want more and be more and feel more. But as my thoughts on being single rest well within me, I want to share some things with you single folk that will make you see that the freedom of being alone is a beautiful thing.
- You will never get this time back to learn, grow, and develop into the person you were created for. Take these moments to truly love yourself so you are prepared to love and give yourself fully to someone else.
- You don't have to justify why that $3.00 coffee just doesn't taste as good as Folger's. No one else is looking at your bank account.
- You have more time to learn from other relationships in your life. Make mental notes of what you do/don't want in your next relationship.
- You have the freedom of doing whatever your little heart desires without running it by your partner.
- Want to spend all day in your pajamas? Those sweats are all yours.
- You learn to be independent and figure problems out on your own.
- You are a pro at making a meal for one.
- You get the whole bed and closet to yourself!
- Want to move? Move. Want to stay late at work? Stay. Want to travel? Go.
- You get to decorate your house with your own style and don't have to worry about it looking like a locker room or hunting showcase.
- You can make a salad for lunch, arrange the strawberries to resemble a heart, take a picture of it, and not worry about your other half questioning what you're doing.
Being single is enjoyable 90% of the time, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want that passionate and heart skipping love sooner rather than later. What I do know is that one day, I will have it. I will be one of those women sitting across a table from a man on Valentines Day. I find such great comfort and a rumbling dose of excitement for when that day comes!
H A P P Y H E A R T D A Y!