Saturday, January 4, 2014

Why Mark Cuban is Going to be My Friend


30 minutes have gone by and all I’ve been doing is listening to Beethoven’s top hits on my phone; over and over and over again.  I don't mind expanding my horizons and listening to something other than "Today's Hits" but after 5 minutes of violins and pianos, it becomes slightly painful and annoying. 

I received an email last night saying that my 9:05am flight this morning was cancelled.  After a curse word was said and my hands shot up to my head, I pouted like a little girl who didn’t get a puppy for Christmas.

Did I mention I gave up swearing for 2014?  

After numerous attempts at calling Orbitz and Frontier and getting a busy tone or a voice recording telling me that they are "experiencing a high volume of calls due to storms and cancellations", I gave up and went to bed.  

Back at it this morning and I was welcomed with the above-mentioned tunes.  With my combined love for the show Shark Tank and being put on hold for an extended period of time while unwillingly making me want to chuck my phone across the room, it dawned on me: wouldn't it be much more pleasant if instead of listening to elevator music and advertisements while being put on hold, it was nothing?  And then once the person on the other side was ready, we knew by our phones vibrating or giving a couple short beeps or rings? 

I think I'll fly with the idea. Oh, wait, I DON'T HAVE A PLANE TICKET!



No comments:

Post a Comment