Monday, March 10, 2014

Breakfast Blend? More Like Breakfast Blah!



I decided (on Friday night) that I was going to no longer have “Folgers in my cup” during Lenten season. I knew it would be a challenge as coffee is always…and I mean always…a part of morning routine. But the more I thought about it, the more it was clear that I didn’t necessarily feel any more awake with coffee and it always left me with a stomach ache and one big hot flash after sipping the last drop.

I’m on my third day of no coffee and I must say that I’m surviving quite well. That is, if you ignore the irritability I had the first day and the pounding headache that is still hanging around up there.

I’ve searched the internet for coffee substitutions and tea is always the first recommendation. I’m not a tea lover; I’d say more a tea liker. I have friends that are as obsessed with tea as I was with coffee, but I can’t seem to get hooked on it. It just doesn’t have that same “consistency” as coffee...more watered down than I would like.

A couple of friends have commented on my Facebook saying they have given up coffee and I would L-O-V-E to hear if you have, too! If so, what are you drinking in place of it? Are you a tea drinker? If so, what is your favorite kind? Do you add anything to your cup? 



6 comments:

  1. I haven't given up coffee...but I have always loved tea! My top favorites: Peach black tea and apple cinnamon chamomile herbal tea! And I typically don't add anything...hope that maybe helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple Cinnamon Chamomile sounds right up my alley! I will have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work on giving up coffee! If you are looking for an energy booster try mixing a scoop or two of Matcha Green tea powder into your smoothie. It is a great energy boost and it doesnt taste like your chewing on leaves like tea does!

    Brady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Matcha Yogurt and LOVED it so I know I would love the powder, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you like fruity flavors I would HIGHLY recommend passion tea by Tazo!!!! It is soooooooo so so yummy. It is such an opposite of the coffee world but the hot fruity flavor is super duper satisfying! I also love it cuz you can't over-steap it like green tea!

    Laura P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the recommendation, Laura! I love fruity flavors so I will add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete