Sunday, March 9, 2014

#WorkItOut100: Week 7 Recap


With week 7 ending, plantar fasciitis is just starting. I've had this problem before, but with the help of a compression sock, it eased the pain and made running tolerable. That's not the case this go around. I can barely walk without wincing once my left heel meets the ground and the second I try to transition from walk to run, the pain shoots up from my heel to achilles tendon. Oye! Taking these next 7 days to give my running feet a rest and trying out my elliptical and bike feet. 

I am currently sitting outside in the 70* weather with the sun beating down, and the thought of not being able to run in this is killing me! But I need to be smart and not push myself or else I could end up injuring myself even more. I am headed to meet some friends at the park to play volleyball...something I haven't played in years! You never know, maybe my abs will work the most from all the laughing that is to come? 



P.S. Are you experiencing any injuries? What are you doing to still stay active all while being smart and giving your injury the care it needs?



No comments:

Post a Comment