Nonstick cooking spray
1 T olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 large zucchini, shredded
1/3 C stuffed green olives, chopped, plus 2 T olive brine*
2 jalapeños, seeded & chopped*
1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
8 corn tortillas**
1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar
*I omitted these ingredients...1) I hate olives & 2) I hate jalapeños
**I could only fit 6 tortillas in my baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 375. Coat 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion & cook 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
3. Add turkey, zucchini, olives, olive brine, jalapeños, tomato sauce, cumin, oregano, salt & cinnamon. Cook 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels & microwave 30 seconds or until warmed through. Spoon a generous 1/3 C turkey mixture down the center of the tortilla. Roll up & place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas & filling.
5. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over enchiladas & sprinkle with cheese. Cover & bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven & let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
319 Calories, 19 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 12 g fat, 5 g fiber
Recipe taken from Fitness Magazine - May 2012